Haley's Corner

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Put A Little Sock In It.


Song stuck...take two.

Boy oh boy, the older I get...the more I realize that my dog brain is delicately susceptable to what comes out of my side kick's mouth. Music more than anything. Pry because my SK is addicted to the stuff. That is not a bad thing mind you....we love music in our house! But lately all I hear are two things coming from the SK.....

"Haley? Where did this sock come from? Have you been in the laundry room again?"

And "Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it."

And then she fades off for a second and then it starts all over again!!!!!! "Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it." "Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it."

Again and again. Over and over. I'm afraid that my SK's brain is stuck. Is that possible? Is it stuck on socks? Because I would understand that! Not quite sure what it is stuck on exactly. Either way.....should I be worried?

I wonder if seeing socks makes that silly song cycle start? OR...I wonder if the stuck song makes her suddenly see all of the socks that I bring to her to play with ...differently? I mean, what am I suppose to hold up exactly? And wait a minute? Wait a minute for what? Wait a minute for me to find another sock from the laundry room and bring it to her?

OK.

Without ever actually hearing this song before myself...I believe that my SK really did hear this song. For real. Somewhere. Sometime....probably recently.

I stare at her while she sings it. Yesterday she looked at me and she said to me "I know. I know. I only heard it once even....and it was a "ring tone" at that!"

Ring tone? Now she's hearing rings? What about whistles? What about bells? Is she hearing bells too?

Here is a remedy that I have thought up for ...for my SK. In all my love for her...a little tribute to all the hold ups and wait a minutes...


Hold that ball up
or put a little sock in it
Throw up that ball
Or another sock will appear near it

(and in case anyone's wondering...yes. Yes I have been in the laundry room. AGAIN!"

4 Comments:

  • Haley!!!!!!!!! You're back!!!! We're happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Charlie

    By Blogger Charlie, at 10:29 PM  

  • do that sock stinks?

    By Blogger Urban Smoothie Read, at 1:18 AM  

  • Charlie! It's great to BE back! And hey......that is so nice of you to have my song as your fave. Dogs rule.

    :)Haley

    By Blogger Haley the Fabulous Ball-loving Black Lab, at 9:43 AM  

  • Hey Haleys,

    Thanks for addin' your beautimus face to my Dogbooks. Cooools!

    Hope you're puttin' another hole at the other ends of those socks.

    Yah, my Dads is singin' a bunch, too. I have to worrys... He's learnin' the barks to The Numa Numa Song and throwin' his arms arounds. Not goods, not goods!

    Wuufs!

    Ƨ

    By Blogger Freda, at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home