Haley's Corner

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Poopy Pants Peroshki


I call him 'poopie pants' not because of his method or frequency or amount of poop that he poops, or even that he wears pants to poop in (because he doesn't), but because his personality just emits that "na na na boo boo, I'm gonna take your raaawhiiide. Na na na boo boo, I'm gonna eat befoooooore you." "Na na na boo boo, I'm gonna sit closer to your siiiiiiide kick." And so on.

Don't get me wrong, he's cute.....and even though he smells kinda funny, we really like him. I'm not sure how long he's staying with us, but with the passing of each day, we become better friends...and even though he's so teeny tiny and I've lost him a few times while trying to restle with him, he and I are beginning to understand eachother. The rules we have set are as follows:

a. I get to sleep with the sidekick.
b. He gets to eat his food first.
c. I am not allowed to eat his 'special' food.
d. He is allowed to sleep atop the couch if and when placed there by the sidekick.

hmmmmm, so far this seems slanted...anyway, continuing on!

e. On our walks, we get to stop everywhere he wants to because he has special 'pooping needs'. (Again, appropriately referencing poop.)
f. I get to eat rawhides outside while he eats his 'special' food.
g. I get to sleep with the sidekick. Did I mention this already? Well, that seems to be the most important.

That is all for now. It seems he's trying to jump on the bed (which I believe will be physically impossible for him), but I better go make sure he hasn't stacked matchbooks high enough to bounce up there. He's small, but he's smart, or at least mighty.

:)Haley

5 Comments:

  • The miniscule adventures of Peroshki continue! And just remember if you actually decide to blindfold him with dental floss make sure it's not mint, that may cause a reaction.

    And P is so small he would have to stack up matchbooks to be able to jump on a dog bed the size of a teabag. Glad you are getting an understanding of him though Haley, I just thought it was fun to watch him try to do anything to any of my bones in the backyard the other day. He chewed and chewed on one but didn't even make the smallest dent in it; it was a little cleaner in that small spot where he was trying to chew on it though.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:29 PM  

  • Yeah, so true, hahahahahaha (I think he's getting smaller by the day!!)

    This morning, we went for a walk and my sidekick and I nearly lost him in the grass while he was pooping! Thank goodness he had on his retractable leash made from a part of a rubber band we had lying around.

    :)Haley

    By Blogger Haley the Fabulous Ball-loving Black Lab, at 8:38 AM  

  • I just thought of something, whatever you do, don't vacuum if you haven't seen Peroshki in a while around the apartment - it's possible you might mistake him for a dark dustball in the corner and suck him right into the bag. And then what would he do? There's not much to eat in there - certainly no special kibble. (The kind you don't get to eat, remember?) And how long would he be in there? Can you even remember when the last time was that you changed the bag in the vacuum cleaner?

    Glad I got that off my chest, now I can sleep tonight . . .

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:14 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Mary, at 11:00 AM  

  • Alright, alright you two. Sheesh. Peroshki is fine, no need to worry.....my sidekick is very careful! In fact when she does *place* him on the couch to sleep, she ties fishing line to his collar with a bell on one end, in case he falls off or down into a crack, the bell would go off and we will rescue him.

    And my sidekick isn't much into cleaning and I haven't even SEEN the vacuum cleaner since we moved from Virginia! So he's safe from that!

    (FYI, Peroshki keeps asking if he can climb up and sit with me to see what I'm doing up here, but I keep telling him, "No no Peroshki, it's much much too dangerous all the way up here. The seat is too small, unlike the couch, and if either of us have to quick get off cause the sidekick comes, he might get squished, or lost or fall into the space near the Return button and I will be in BIG TROUBLE!!!!!)

    That's what I keep telling him. He's so cute...hey, ..... where'd he go? "Peroshki? Peroshki? Where are y.....oh good there you are." Ahhhhhhhh, he's so cute. My sidekick just gave him a little cotton ball to take a nap on. Aaaaaaaaaahhhh.

    :)Haley

    By Blogger Haley the Fabulous Ball-loving Black Lab, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home