Haley's Corner

Thursday, April 14, 2005

In My Next Life

I think that in my next life, I would greatly appreciate the chance to balance the scales of what I didn’t or couldn’t do in this life, with what I could and would do in the next. If there is a next. Which, after what I realized today, I hope there is.

Sometimes the things my sidekick does make me feel so philosophical! Yes, it does last only for just a minute, but still…she’s my homey you know? So what she goes through, I want to be there for her when I can.

Today felt like another great day, nothing unusual or unexpected happened, until she got home.

Sweeping and cleaning is not that out of the ordinary for her, but tonight seemed to go on and on and on and on. And the fur!!! Oh my gosh! It was under the bed, the couch, tables, behind the refrigerator, under my dog dishes, in the bath tub, under the radiators, behind the t.v……! It was everywhere!

When is it that we shed exactly? I am unaware when this happens. It seems to happen when I sleep or possibly when I get up to go for a drink of water. I’m not sure. What I do know, is that although I have tried to catch myself when I do shed, to possibly hold it, and wait until I go outside to do it, it just doesn’t work that way. Shedding is unavoidable, unpredictable, and an unshakeable reality for most of us dogs.

I was watching her thinking, “You should really be outside, getting some sun. You look pale." But she continued, and every few minutes or so, she would say something that I couldn’t understand. She kept looking my way and then she would look at the fur in the dust pan, then in the trash, then she would look back at me!

Well it didn’t take a Poodle to understand what she was doing AND more importantly what she was thinking about! She was cleaning up after me! And talking OUT LOUD about it! To whom? Well, to no one, except me!

So, I have thought about this and I have decided that in order to make it right in my next life, I would like my human to have someone to clean the house for her. At first I was going to wish to be a dust mop or a can of pledge or some sort of modern vacuum cleaner, but then I realized that if we indeed keep becoming something else in each life, to reach perfection and good. Well, then I would have to ask you my fellow dog-mates! Would you agree that we are done!!?

Any fur stories from you guys?
Haley

1 Comments:

  • Hi Haley, I wish I had someone to clean up after Kiwi and the cats too! All that shedding and flying fur I may have added another pet or two and not realized it.

    I've been loving your blog, keep posting!!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home