Haley's Corner

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Saturday's Alright for Napping

It's raining outside. My sidekick and I slept in late today. I think the absence of the sun's presence prolonged our awakening. But that's just fine with me. It's what I do most of every day anyway. Nap, eat, nap, drink water, look out the windows, nap in a different place, watch t.v., nap, listen to the radio, look at my collection of balls and sometimes when I'm really bored, I move them around to different places in the house to see if my sidekick notices (hee hee.)

Speaking of my sidekick, she's taking a snooze herself, on the couch. So I am sneaking on the computer to talk a little about rain. I like the rain. It's cleansing and at the same time gets the balls that I left outside nice and squishy.

I wish I could go outside right now in the rain. Water is good. Of course it's not the lake up north where I like to chase the ducks and loons, or the river where the sand smells fishy, but being out in the rain is a different kind of good wet experience. Feeling the mud in my paws and the way my fur repels the wetness, keeping me nice and warm. Kind of like my sidekicks super bright yellow, hooded thing she wears when she's outside with me.

I wish she'd wake up. Right now! So we could go outside. From the back window, I think I see a tennis ball I left near the fence! Shoot! Didn't she say she was going to go get a camera this weekend? And I'm nearly out of treats!!!!!

Drastic times call for drastic measures my fellow dog pals. I am going to sign off, and just go stand in front of her while she lies on the couch and breathe at her, stare at her, maybe throw a whimper or deep sigh her way.....that usually gets her up.

What do you guys like to do when it's raining? Stay in, go out?

Time to go wake the human.

:)Haley

6 Comments:

  • I walked out in the rain today, it was fun. The smells seem clearer and it doesn't take as long to figure out if I should mark something or not.

    I like the rain. Then I like to come in and take a nap in the dry house.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:04 PM  

  • Hey Haley! A new dog blogger buddy, all right!

    I love your 'Take Me Out to the Ball Store' lyrics. Those are nifty!

    I had some fun with a ball today, buried it and everything. Hope I can find it next time I get out to the gravel pit.

    Welcome to the blogging world and I hope to smell you around lots!

    -Woof! (China)

    By Blogger Brandi Mills, at 1:13 PM  

  • Dang! I just hate that when I'm stuck inside and can see a lonely toy left outside. It's so frustrating.

    My advice is to get a drink of water, then loom over your human with dripping jowls. Usually that wakes them up pretty quick.

    By Blogger Splash, at 9:19 PM  

  • I don't mind the rain. Even if it is pouring and I need to walk my buddy takes me in the cart. It's so cool. Then I also get to wear my raincoat. Then when we get home I get a great rubdown with my pink towel. 'Let it rain' like Mr. Clapton said. Just no thunder! I freak.

    Freda

    By Blogger Freda, at 9:26 PM  

  • Nice ways to enjoy the rain you guys! Cal, you're right about the smells....throws me off a bit too! And Splash, dude, I'll have to remember the dripping jowls trick! China, how many balls do you have buried? And Kid aka Heidi, that tummy rub thing happens everytime for me too when I come in all soaked and muddy...but I think it's more to clean me up than for 'warm fuzzies.' And Freda! Girl, you have a raincoat? That is too cool. Too cool. My sidekick tried to get me to wear winter booties once...she never laughed so hard, as I pranced around like a Clydesdale horse trying to get those darn things off of me!

    By Blogger Haley the Fabulous Ball-loving Black Lab, at 12:20 PM  

  • Oooo I don't like to go out in da rain. Da wet grass rubs on my belly and I don't like dat one bit.

    Velcome to da blog vorld Haley!! I love da tennis ball too......only da very small ones they sell in da pet store. Golf balls vork vell when I'm in the mood for a good game of fetch!!

    By Blogger Heidi, at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home