Haley's Corner

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Day The Treats Stopped

My sidekick brought me to that place where other humans bring their dogs and cats... and it's all weird and sterile and everyone oogles all over you telling you how cuuuuuute you are while they poke and prod and then say what a good dog you are.

Really a confusing place.

That's where I found myself last week, and since then, I have noticed a great decrease in the amount and frequency of my treats! I think it has something to do with this platform they get me to stand on when I go there. But this time, my sidekick says with surprise in her voice, "Ten pounds????" "Huh, ten pounds. Huh." "Gosh, ten pounds!" And, I'm like whatever, lets just keep this process moving people, so we can get out of here and go play ball or something.

And since then, the ball playing has continued, even with an increase of outings on the weekends....and yet, the treats have been discontinued! Well, except for teeny tiny rawhides once a day or so.

I am connecting this treat disappearance and the repeated "ten pound" (whatever that means) comment, to the realization that I am tiring more quickly than I did last year. Hmmmmmm. Anyone else experienced the sudden decrease of treats? Hopefully it's not just me.

Good time for an ending....sidekick is getting the leash!

:)Haley

6 Comments:

  • Oooh Haley, I hate to tell you, but you are on a diet.

    I've been on one for a long time. So's my mom. She gives me bananas (they are awesome, ask Sam), green beans, pumpkin, and cauliflour, snap peas and broccoli for training treats.

    Since you are also a Lab, I am sure you will recognize how edible all this stuff is. Of course, I am told we Labs also eats rocks, but I never have....just some gravel once. And a little asphalt.

    By Blogger Splash, at 3:56 PM  

  • Kiwi already has shown a tendancy to pack on the pounds, so I have to be careful with her. I gave her a baby carrot once and she loved chewing it but didn't eat it. Made an awful mess! I may try some of Splash's veggies...

    By Blogger Lisa, at 5:49 PM  

  • I have da same problem at my house. Even after a secret mission for my country all I get is a carrot! But I love dem. I also love bananna and my favorite is peaches. Marie saids no more pizza for me. BUMMER.......I could eat a large one all by myself.

    By Blogger Heidi, at 3:39 PM  

  • Come over to my house and I'll show you where the treat bag is. If you can get it off the hook it's hanging from, I'll split it with you 50/50. Or maybe 30/70. Then again I like the sound of 10/90 cause you're on a diet. Your on a di----et and you can't have none, you're on a diiii---et, a di---et . . . Just kidding on that one Haley, I'll split it 50/50 - as you know I've turned over a new leaf, letting even Peroshki chew on one of my bones in my back yard!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:51 PM  

  • WOW! I had no idea I was so not in "the know!" Thanks you guys and gals.

    Splash: you know I can't believe I haven't had the opportunity to try all those interesting sounding foods! I've taken to stripping bard off of sticks I find in my back yard. Kinda sounds pathetic but they actually taste pretty good! Rocks, I don't think so either! Asphalt with the right something something attached to it, yummy.

    Heidi: Girlfriend, special food does not sound tasty at all!

    Kiwi: You keep packin on those pounds while you can little sister!

    Cal: I saw your new leaf turn over and I was and am still proud of you! You're a sharer! So next time I'm there, show me the bag, we'll figure out something.

    By Blogger Haley the Fabulous Ball-loving Black Lab, at 10:28 AM  

  • Haley, they had to put me on special food once when I was throwing up and not eating much. Those humans that poke said I had a urinary tract infection. All I know is that MB tried to put icky pills into my special food. The special food wasn't too bad, but I really didn't want to eat the icky pills. I think I may have swallowed a few. The urinary tract infection did go away. But MB has limited the amount of "table food" that I am allowed to eat. She will break off a teeny-tiny sliver of roasted chicken from a huge piece, and give me the teeny-tiny one, eating the huge amount herself! This does not seem fair.

    - Touille, a seven and a half pound dog who many years ago did attain a weight of "TEN POUNDS" by eating whole slices of pizza and large amounts of chicken skin

    Doggie's Blog

    By Blogger MB, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home