Haley's Corner

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Pooper Scoopers!

Ahhhh, pooper scoopers...so many ways to deliver the yard from the evil presence of poop. There are shovels, claws on the end of long handles, designer poopy bags that sidekicks can carry in style on walks through the neighborhood, and then there are just plain old baggies.

My sidekick prefers plastic bags left over from shopping or whatever she does when she leaves me behind at home. (hahahaha, I incorporated "behind" into this.) My sidekick doesn't mind picking up my poop.. I know this because she told me so. She doesn't mind picking up Doodles' poop either! Doodles is a rescued dog that moved into the place next door to me last fall. Doodles is a black lab (well, that's what she *says*) mixed with something very large, like Great Dane or a city bus, or something. Anyway, even though Doodles' droppings' are MUCH larger than mine, my sidekick just keeps pickin' everyone's poop!

Maybe she likes poop! I don't know. It doesn't matter really...at all. I'm glad she doesn't make a big deal about poop. It's not like we have a choice about the matter anyway. I poop, and it needs to be picked up!

That's my scoop on poop. (Doo wap diddy, diddy diddy whoop)
:)Haley

4 Comments:

  • When we lived in the city, my mom picked up my poop too, using those crinkly bags from the store. Everytime she pulled one out, I knew it was walk time and I would get all wiggly.

    Now that I'm a country dog, I have my own private potty place that my parents call 'the woods.' I go in the trees, do my business and then come out. No one else goes in there (that would be tresspassing) so Mom doesn't pick up my poop anymore unless we go on day trips.

    But I still get excited when I hear the crinkly bags.

    -Woof! (China)

    By Blogger Brandi Mills, at 3:42 AM  

  • Everyone poops. Especially Doodles. And I like the kid's idea of pooping for peace, I am ready to help start the "movement" if you catch my drift. We need to start working toward an "end" to the means (and runs for that matter)

    I have to go now, cause I'm getting behind.

    Cal

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:41 AM  

  • You guys.....pooping for peace...that is so silly.

    But I'll try it. Maybe great change really does come from small differences.

    China: I can totally relate the pooping in the woods thing. I was born in Virginia and spent a year living on the side of a mountain and the forest was my private pooping place. Loved it!!! Privacy, wild animals, wild animal smells...ahhhh good times...good times.

    :)Haley

    By Blogger Haley the Fabulous Ball-loving Black Lab, at 6:20 AM  

  • I wish I could poop in the woods, too, but my dad wouldn't let me. He was a zoo keeper. A real pooper scooper. Besides keeping the animal enclosures clean, good looking AND smelling better, the sanitation thing was involved. If there was a sick animal its problem could be passed on the the healthy animals. So besides the mess that unscooped poop (up) makes, the 'up' can pass on diseases to other dogs and contaminate our ground water.

    Sorry to put the poop on not scooping poop, but we can use all the poop, sorry, peace we can get.

    Freda

    By Blogger Freda, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home